In addition to extern placements supervised by the Legal Clinic, which are subject to such conditions as may be imposed by the faculty, students may be able to arrange externships for academic credit with certain nonprofit organizations and government agencies. The complete policy and forms for the non-clinic externships are available below.
What is a Non-Clinic Externship?
- Nutshell for Non-Clinic Legal Externships [pdf]
- Non-Clinic, For-Credit Summer Externships - FAQ [pdf]
- Policy on Non-Clinic Legal Externships [pdf]
Finding a Non-Clinic Legal Externship and Procuring Funding
- Summer Externship Electronic Guide [pdf]
- Summer Grant Application [pdf]
- Externships by Iowa Students 2003-2012 by category [pdf]
- Externships by Iowa Students 2003-2012 with contact information [pdf]
- Funding for Summer Public Interest Jobs [pdf]
- Financial Aid for For-Credit Externships [pdf]
Application and Approval Process
- Three-Credit Non-Clinic Externship Application [.docx]
- Four to Six-Credit Non-Clinic Externship Application [.doc]
Supervisor Information and Forms